Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretty sketchy


My lovely and patient daughter sat for me last night. She's an old hand at being a reference model for me and has become very good at it.
This is how all of my pieces start out. Plain old pencil and paper. It's how the original "fairy in sweats" got started, and this is my attempt to update her.
I think I'm going to try to spread my own wings with this one and not just go with the "safe" and comfortable method I'm used to. An experiment! We'll see how it turns out.

3 comments:

Patti G. said...

WOW, your daughter sat for you and you are amazing! This new fairy is terrific! Your talents shine.......clearly! Love her!
Hugs,Patti

Anonova said...

Thanks Marilyn and Patti!

I am indeed lucky to have a willing model whenever I like, and I never get tired of drawing her. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Patti Sandham said...

This is awesome! How nice to have a patient subject so close to hand. Love your oils too, Wowzers! The mouse is precious. And your daughter in the puddle is fab!

Hugs Pattio