Monday, July 14, 2008

The Music Tree and Weekend Art-ing


This was done in my regular sketchbook using just the Prismacolor pencils and some really lovely sepia acrylic ink with dipping pen for the outlines.

Normally I would have taken it out of the book and scanned it, but the paper is just slightly too large to fit my scanner. I took a photo of it instead, and am not too terribly pleased... I don't think the photo does justice to the deep layering that these pencils are capable of. However, it's better than having to crop most of it out to make it fit!

Next time I'll try to remember to leave enough white space around my drawing that cropping won't matter.

Funny, it used to be that I struggled to fill up a whole page but now I struggle to stay within it!

I had the most wonderful time with Pattio yesterday, hanging out at her fabulous new studio and drooling over her art journals. What a talented lady! She let me dabble in the wide variety of mediums she has on-hand and I got to start my first journal. I'm still working on it, but I'll share once it's done. My afternoon over there was SO inspiring. If you're reading this, Patti, THANKS AGAIN! It was so wonderful to spend hours talking and doing and sharing everything ART.

I can't wait to carve out some space in my own house and give myself more room for more art.

1 comment:

Patti Sandham said...

Kellie,
I enjoyed our time so much and I am glad you did too. I love turning people onto journaling. Your art pages look so organic and inspired. Keep it up. I want to see more!!! :)

Cheers Pattio