Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Scarlotto Idiotum Ballare


Otherwise known as The Red Boogy Fool.

This is completely inspired by the spread I did for Pattio, below.

I used some really cool printed tissue paper that I picked up from The Papery downtown and parts of a paper napkin I kept from the Lavender Tea at my aunt and uncle's church for the backgrounds, along with some acrylic ink on a fan brush. The Red Boogy is done with acrylic paints, gloss medium, some pencil crayons and acrylic ink with the dipping pen for the outline. The lettering is just white gel pen again.

I'm thinking of making more critters like this... lord knows I have some imagination to spare. But of course, every time I think I've found "THE THING" that I like to do, my brain seizes up and points me somewhere completely different.

1 comment:

Patti Sandham said...

I love Red Monkey Fool!

Hugs Pattio