Thursday, October 28, 2010

from the depths of my desk drawers...

... I unearthed a drawing of mine from 2001. It had a young elf cleaning her sword while a raven sat upon her helmet, and I really liked it at the time. Now, not so much. The arms are awry, the boots are weird and her helmet looks plastic. So I thought I'd try a fresh approach to her and re-draw the scene, but it kept not gelling in my head. Finally I realized that she needed to be done a different way, because I'm different now. Or at least I'm older. ;)


Watercolours, Pigma Micron pen and white pencil crayon.

I wonder what I'll think of this attempt in another nine years?

2 comments:

Patti Sandham said...

Fan-tastic! I really love it. The spepia tones are a perfect choice.

Hugs

karlotta said...

)))) понимаю вас))

хочется следовать той теории, что если мы спустя годы видим несовершенства в нашем арт, следовательно мы его переросли, стали взрослее и могущество наше возросло...

)))) I understand you))

want to follow the theory that if we are years later we see the imperfections in our art, so we have grown, become more mature and might increase our ...