Sunday, March 17, 2013

Art catch-up

It's been a while...

First some journal covers.

Back cover of "Dither" a square hemp book I'm fond of.

Front cover of my Global Hand Book. Second iteration because I didn't like the first go.

Front cover of my small Strathmore mixed media book.
.
Then some journal pages...

Techniques from the 2013 workshop with Robert Joyner in my small square hemp book.

Exploring the doodleverse. My journal pages are often messy doodles like this.

My current favourite saying.

Tree Troll. Heavy mixed media in my brown paper journal.
 I've been playing with techniques from the 2013 Strathmore journal workshops. I love free workshops. I can take the techniques and do whatever I want with them. No pressure.

Lettering has captured my interest lately, so I've been doing a lot of that too, and digging up interesting quotes.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I rather like your "dither" as well. Leave it like that it looks great.

The blue and rust red/brown on the Global hand Book really pop.

Hehe...nice doodleverse lady.("YEAH!!")

Oooo, nice Tree Troll.

Patti Sandham said...

Oh ya way cool covers! dither is so funky!

Up for some Easter arting?

Bunny hugs