Friday, April 12, 2013

Playing with brown and grey paper and lettering

Strathmore has these really lovely books. I wish they were coptic bound instead so the page spread would lay flat, but that's my only complaint so far.



Bee Paper has a 9x9 spiral bound brown paper book that I've been really inspired by lately.




My grandfather... Papa, as I always called him, passed away very peacefully last Sunday. He was the first person to show me calligraphy and used to let me doodle on his graph paper. I have his old desk in my art room. After his funeral yesterday I went to the desk, did some lettering, listened to some piano concertos on CBC and drank tea.



2 comments:

Patti Sandham said...

What a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your papa - but I think he is smiling down on your work, and maybe giving your muse some extra energy. Love what you are doing!