This was born from splooging some of my new hookers green acrylic paint around with an old credit card, letting it dry and then doing the same with some of Patti's green-gold fluid acrylic. The bug is a bunch of torn up chequerboard tissue with sewing pattern tissue for wings. The snake is some torn up magazine articles. The furry black tail is my cat Sushi wanting in on the photo-taking action.
Our main objective started out being self-portraiture, a la Misty Mawn's challenge which ends today (next week she focuses on colour, which I'm excited about!). Patti set up two mirrors for us, and we did some blind contour drawings of ourselves. This involved a lot of laughter, as anyone who's tried this method can attest to. It was a lot of fun and this is what I've ended up with. It will likely be a base for something else eventually, but I do like the handprint.
I hope everyone's weekend has been as fun as mine so far.